The American Express Academic Scholarship Foundation was started in 1987 to encourage and honor academic performance while also assisting American Express workers in financing their children’s undergraduate university education.
The organization American Hotel and Lodging Academic Association bestows this honor. To increase access to post secondary education, this award provides tuition aid and other education support initiatives to corporations, organizations, and people.
The American Express Foundation’s current mission is to encourage and honor academic excellence while also assisting American Express workers in funding their children’s undergraduate college education.
The prize money is usually $2,000, and the number of beneficiaries is selected each year based on the number of qualifying applicants.
Your job is to familiarize yourself with the application criteria, and if you meet them, you should submit an application and hope for the best. You can also apply for THE BIOLA MISSIONARY SCHOLARSHIP
The honor is certainly deserving of your consideration!!
Full-time and part-time undergraduate students pursuing a degree in management are eligible for this award. Hotel employees’ dependents are also eligible to apply.
What is the procedure for applying for the scholarship?
• All applicants must access online applications in order to apply for this scholarship, which is available on the official website of the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Foundation (AH&LEF).
• To confirm the conclusion of the graduating semester as well as academic performances, a student must produce official ACT/SAT scorecards.
• In addition, the candidate must prepare and submit personal details, such as a resume, projected expenses for the following academic year, and financial needs.
• He must provide financial information from his most recent tax return.
• He or she must produce a recent university, high school, or GED transcript with an overall grade point average of at least 4.0 on a 4.0 scale.
The amount of money given to the application:
• The scholarship amount is $2,000 per year for full-time students and $1,000 per year for part-time students.
• The number of awards given to qualified candidates each year fluctuates depending on the number of aspirants who apply for the scholarship and the amount of money available in the fund.
Criteria for Eligibility
The American Express Scholarship panel has established various eligibility standards that determine whether or not candidates are eligible for the prize.
- Only the winner will be chosen if he or she meets all of the criteria and demonstrates that he or she is the best of the best among some of the candidates.
- The candidate must have a permanent residence in the United States.
- On a 4.0 scale or equivalent, the candidate’s overall college grade point average should be 3.0 or better.
- At the time of the application deadline, she must have finished her sophomore year of college or above (or 60 credit hours or the equivalent). The scholarship will help with the expenditures of attending the 3rd, 4th, or 5th year of study.
- Hospitality management must be the applicant’s major topic.
The candidate must work at least 20 hours each week at an AH&LA member hotel and have at least 12 months of hospitality experience, OR be a dependent of a qualified employee and have previous employment in the hospitality business in some capacity. The applicant should contact the membership department of the AH&LA.