Through donations and fundraising efforts, Calista Education and Culture, Inc. (CECI) supports the scholarship program. In 1994, the scholarship program was started. The IRS has designated CECI, an Alaskan nonprofit corporation, as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Each and every CECI scholarship is dependent on financing.
According to the application deadline, scholarships are given out in the Fall and Spring Terms. You can pay your tuition, textbooks, and fees with the scholarship. The scholarship winner must maintain and successfully finish a full and part status for the whole semester/quarter they got the scholarship, have a GPA of 2.0 or above, and meet other eligibility requirements.
Undergraduate students must take 12 credits or more per semester, and graduate students must take 9 credits or more.
- 2.0 GPA, 2.99 GPA, and full-time status; $700
- GPA of 3.0 to 3.79, full-time standing, and $1,000
- GPA of at least 3.8, full-time status, and $1250
- Awarded graduates with full-time status: $1500
FULL-TIME ENROLLMENT IN A TRADE SCHOOL COSTS $1500 EACH CALENDAR YEAR.
For undergraduate students, part-time status entails 6–11 credits per semester and for graduate students, 2–8 credits.
- 2.99 GPA, part-time status, and $375
- $500; GPA between 3.0 and 3.79; part-time status
- GPA of at least 3.8, part-time status, and $625
- Part-time status for recent graduates; $750
- Part-time status at a trade school: not available
Scholarships are sent right to the recipient’s school’s financial assistance office by postal mail.
• Calista Corporation Voting Member or Lineage of an Original Stakeholder: The applicant must be a voting shareholder of Calista Corporation or a descendant of an initial shareholder (either by blood or by adoption under the law). Shareholders who inherit shares or receive them as gifts may not be the original shareholders. Alaska Native applicants must also submit a copy of their Tribal Enrollment Documentation or Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA). Also required is a copy of the birth certificate for descendants.
High School Degree or GED: The applicant must possess one of these credentials.
The applicant’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) must be 2.0 or greater. Official high school transcripts or a copy of the GED must be submitted if no post-secondary education program has been attended, or the most recent official credentials from any trade, vocational, university, or school attended.
• Letter of Acceptance/Good Status or Proof of Application: The applicant must either have received a letter of acceptance or proof of application from an approved school (trade, college, or university). It is necessary to present a letter of approval status or a letter from the institution saying that the admissions application is currently being considered. If a candidate receives a scholarship, an acceptance must be provided.
• Enrollment Status: According to the regulations of the school, candidates must be enrolled either full- or part-time. Trade/vocational candidates must be registered in a program leading to a degree or certification.
CHECKLIST FOR APPLICATIONS
• Form of Application and Agreement
Personal Statement Template (500-word minimum)
• A copy of the BIA/CDIB or the documentation proving tribal enrollment
• Birth certificate copy (if a descendant)
• Official Transcripts: If no post-secondary education program has been attended, official transcripts from the most recent high school graduation or a copy of the GED must be submitted in lieu of the most recent trade, technical, college, or university transcripts. Official credentials must be sent to CECI directly from the school in an envelope with a seal dated by the institution. Transcript copies are regarded as unofficial and won’t be accepted. For the Fall Term Fund Deadline and the December 1 Spring Term Fund Deadline, official credentials must be sent in postmarked latest June 30 and January 5, respectively.
Only if the applicant has obtained a CECI Scholarship during the most current Fall or Spring Term and fulfilled all requirements specified in the Agreement is the applicant regarded to be “Continuing.”
• Spring Term Scholarship Application and Agreement Form – Due December 1 for the Spring Term Scholarship and June 30 for the Fall Term Scholarship.
• Official Transcripts: The most recent Fall or Spring term or quarter’s official transcripts are required. Official credentials must be sent to CECI directly from the school in an envelope with a seal dated by the institution.
Applications must be submitted in whole and be postmarked on or before the deadline. Additional materials will be rejected, and all provided materials become the property of Calista Education and Culture, Inc. and thus cannot be requested back. LATE and INCOMPLETE applications will not be examined or taken into consideration. Regardless of whether the deadline occurs on a weekend or a holiday, it still applies. Meeting the minimal selection requirements does not ensure financing at any level when Calista Education and Culture, Inc. gets more eligible applications than the funding is allocated for. Based on the data they provide in their application, applicants are evaluated for a suitable scholarship grant. Calista Education and Culture, Inc. has all discretion in selecting applicants, and this decision is final.
Interested persons can now APPLY HERE