Are you interested in the ODK Scholarship program? If your answer is yes, then we have got all the information you will need on this page
HISTORY OF THE ODK GROUP
On December 3, 1914, a group of 15 faculty members established ODK in order to honor outstanding school leaders and bring together students from all facets of academic life with the goal of fostering communication and understanding.
What started on the Washington and Lee University campus has since extended to university campuses all around the country, more than 107 years later.
Every year, we take some time at ODK.’s National Headquarters in Lexington, Virginia, the city where the Society was founded, to celebrate its birthday. We also urge groups to do the same.
The ODK Idea celebrates and encourages inclusivity and openness among all individuals. Selection for membership must be impartial in order for everyone who qualifies to be given fair consideration.
STATEMENT ON EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
In its membership, programs, activities, and hiring practices, Omicron Delta Kappa does not allow discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity, sexual orientation and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, handicap, veteran status, genetic data, or any other protected class.
Abuse of current and potential members is forbidden by Omicron Delta Kappa.
• Respectful behavior and excellent demonstration of the O’K leadership principles of cooperation, inclusion, integrity, scholarship, and service are expected in all interactions with current and potential members.
• The term “hazing” refers to any behavior that demeans, disparages, or puts another person’s bodily safety in peril. Hazing is also defined as behaviors that humiliate, frighten, humiliate, ridicule, and create mental distress, or bodily discomfort.
• Any type of hazing will not be accepted.
REPORTING OF VIOLATIONS OF THE HAZING POLICY
If a person engages in behavior that is deemed inappropriate for campus and community leaders, Omicron Delta Kappa may suspend or expel them from the organization.
• If a person suspects that someone in a circle is engaging in hazing, they should seek advice from the institution’s departments of student affairs, student conduct, or campus life to learn about the reporting and investigation processes.
• Issues should also be brought up with the circle advisors (faculty advisor/circle coordinator), who must then bring them up with the National Headquarters by emailing President/CEO Tara S. Singer at [email protected].
• Official sanctions by a college or university or the implementation of civil and criminal fines for individuals and circles are other possible outcomes of hazing activities.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Over 47 collegiate members of Omicron Delta Kappa receive scholarships each year to help them further their studies through graduate study. These awards are given to members who have excelled and shown leadership in the fields of academics, athletics, community service, marketing, and/or the arts while upholding the core principles of ODK cooperation, inclusivity, honesty, scholarship, and service. We are also searching for people who will use the knowledge they have gained from their time in college to enhance their communities and the lives of others in the future.
The Scholarship Evaluation and Selection Panel, whose members come from various backgrounds, selects the scholarship awardees. The committee evaluates scholarship applications and chooses beneficiaries based on a variety of criteria that are intended to help the committee further the stated goals.
Awards for scholarships vary from $1,000 to $5,000. Alumni who have completed their undergraduate studies no more than five years ago and students in their senior year are both eligible to apply.
Applying for an ODK Scholarship entails:
• Be an Omicron Delta Kappa initiated member.
• At least be a senior in your class
• Have plans to enroll in or are already enrolled in a recognized graduate or professional program in the US or overseas.
• Have a 3.25 cumulative GPA (out of a possible 4.0) for all academic work.
DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
The Scholarship Review and Evaluation Committee will make its decisions and communicate them to all candidates. After August 1, scholarship funds are given out straight to the graduate school. A documented letter of enrolment from a graduate school advisor attesting to enrollment is required by Omicron Delta Kappa. Direct messages will be sent to the recipients with additional information for acceptance.
Interested persons can now apply here