Are you interested in applying for the Schwab-Rosenhouse memorial scholarship program? If your answer is yes, then have got all the information you need on this page.
Say little, but mean much (Genesis 18-22) these words perfectly describe Leo Rosenhouse and Jeannette Schwab-lives. Rosenhouse invested more than $10 million while leading a tranquil life.
Through their bequest, Mr. and Mrs. Rosenhouse gave high school seniors in the Sacramento area the chance to pursue their academic goals with the support of significant cash scholarships.
Judaism has long held a special place for learning; Jewish life is infused with respect and love for learning.
The Schwab-Rosenhouse Memorial Scholarship Foundation was established by the Federation thanks to the kindness and generosity of Mr. and Mrs. Rosenhouse.
Scholarships are offered by the Foundation for post-secondary study at universities, colleges, and vocational/technical schools in California and then within 100 miles of the Sacramento Court House.
These scholarships are open to all graduating high school seniors in the greater Sacramento area who are eligible.
The Jewish Federation created an advisory committee to design and run this initiative in the spring of 1997.
In our capacity as Schwab-Rosenhouse Memorial Scholarship Fund trustees, we warmly accept your application and implore every one of you to make the most of this exceptional chance.
We consider it a pleasure to carry out Mr. and Mrs. Rosenhouse’s goals by giving young people in the greater Sacramento area the opportunity to pursue higher education, which is a crucial component of a successful future.
Scholarships will be given out by the Jewish Federation of the Sacramento Region’s
Schwab-Rosenhouse Advisory Committee to high school students who reside in the four counties that make up the metropolitan area of Sacramento, California, including El Dorado County.
The Schwab-Rosenhouse Memorial Scholarship Program’s mission is to inspire deserving students to pursue their academic and professional ambitions by giving them financial support to continue their education beyond high school.
The annual awards vary from $1,000 to $5,000.
Seniors in high school who have lived in El Dorado, Placer, Yolo, or Sacramento County, California, for at two years prior to the application deadline and who also satisfy the residence standards set forth by the State of California.
Students who intend to enroll full-time in a two- or four-year accredited college, university, or vocational/technical facility within one hundred miles of the Sacramento Court House.
• Schwab Rosenhouse website lists all eligibility conditions in detail.
• Then the Admissions Procedure
• Eligible candidates have to have submitted their high school records, test results, and recommendation letter together with their online application.
THE PROCESS OF SELECTION
• The academic record, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other personal characteristics of each candidate will be assessed.
The grading process will heavily weigh responses to inquiries about future educational and career goals.
The annual grants for the Schwab-Rosenhouse Memorial Scholarship vary from $1,000 to $5,000.
The amount actually awarded to each recipient will depend on the length of the chosen program of study and the cost of full-time enrollment at the chosen institution. Final award amounts are determined in part by financial need.
CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Required High School Grades:
El Dorado High School, Mountain View High, Oak Ridge High, Ponderosa High, Union Mine High, Mt. Tallac High, South Tahoe Hs, Transition Learning Center, Other – Private, Golden Sierra High School, Charter
- Minimum GPA: Not Required
- Requisite ethnicity: Not Required
- Gender Prerequisite: Not required
- Financial Needs: Needed
Enroll full-time in a two- or four-year accredited college, university, or vocational/technical school in California that is less than 100 miles from the Sacramento Court House.
Required for a Career or Major: Not required
must attend a college or technical school within a 100-mile radius of Sacramento that is accredited.
• Other, quantity 1; Create a login to see all additional prerequisites.
• Application for a specific scholarship –
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON SCHOLARSHIP
• Get a head start on your registration so the School Information part may be completed.
• In the spring, students who are winners will receive more information.
If you are chosen as a finalist, kindly let the career center at your high school know.
Here are Frequently Asked Questions about THE SCHWAB-ROSENHOUSE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP in UNITED STATES IN 2023
Here are some common questions people have about getting scholarships in the United States:
- How do I find scholarships to apply for?
- There are many online databases and resources that list available scholarships, such as mepwa.com, Fastweb, Scholarships.com, and the College Board. You can also check with your school’s financial aid office or with professional or community organizations that you or your family members are affiliated with.
- What do I need to do to apply for a scholarship?
- Each scholarship will have its own set of requirements, such as submitting an application form, writing an essay, providing transcripts or test scores, and possibly obtaining letters of recommendation. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and submit all required materials by the deadline. And we make those application form or link available at mepwa.com
- How do I make my scholarship application stand out?
- To increase your chances of being selected for a scholarship, make sure to carefully follow the application instructions and meet all requirements. Additionally, you can try to highlight your unique achievements, experiences, and goals in your application materials.
- How do I accept a scholarship offer?
- If you are offered a scholarship, be sure to read and understand the terms and conditions of the award. You may need to sign and return an acceptance form or letter, and you may need to provide proof of enrollment or other documentation. Follow the instructions provided by the scholarship organization to ensure that you receive the funds.
- Can I use a scholarship to pay for any type of school?
- Some scholarships are restricted to specific types of schools or programs, while others can be used at any accredited institution. Be sure to read the terms and conditions of the scholarship carefully to understand how you can use the funds.
Haven mentioned most frequently questions you’d have about the scholarship opportunity, you can now apply for the applicaton by sing the link below
Interested persons can now apply here