If you wish to apply for the Big Y Scholarship program For Academic Achievement 2022-2023, which Big Y Foods, Inc. sponsors, I am pleased to inform you that all of the information you require about the Big Y Scholarship For Academic Excellence, as well as how to apply for it, is available on this page.
Since the start of Big Y’s Scholarship Program 2021, the organization has given out 4.7 million dollars to nearly 6,300 students.
Big Y Foods, Inc. is one of Southern New England’s largest locally owned supermarket chains. Since 1936, Big Y has stood for quality in the food market as a family-owned and managed business.
Big Y presents a yearly scholarship program in honor of both its staff and consumers.
The program, which began in 1981, includes a number of scholarships named after Big Y’s founders, Paul H. D’Amour and his brother, Gerald D’Amour.
A scholarship series honoring the accomplishments of area law enforcement and firefighters, as well as a category honoring the incredible contribution made by all Military Service members, was originally donated by Big Y employees to celebrate Big Y’s 50th Anniversary.
Apply Also For THE AMERICAN EXPRESS COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Academic merit and performance are recognized in all Big Y scholarships. They are given to the students in the Big Y market region who have excelled academically. At the university level, there are rewards for both regular and nontraditional students.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?
Students in their senior year of high school, as well as undergraduate and graduate students, are eligible for Big Y Scholarships. Applicants include employees, their dependents, consumers, and their dependents.
A student’s residency status, or school, must be in Massachusetts or Connecticut to be eligible. (All employees, regardless of where they live, are eligible.)
DOCUMENTS TO COMPLEMENT
Academic credentials do not have to be official (pictures, PDFs, and scans are all acceptable).
- There are two letters of reference necessary. Only one of the recommendations must come from a teacher or a university lecturer. Seniors and freshmen in college can provide copies of letters prepared for college admission.
- A third party can upload letters of recommendation. To obtain letters from your schoolteacher, college/university professor, or others, please follows the guidelines on the online application system.
- If you haven’t taken any College Board examinations (such as the SAT or ACT) in more than three years, you can fill out an online entry without them.
- Personal resume/fact sheet describing activities, accomplishments, honors, community involvement, leadership roles, and class rank (if applicable).
Representatives from high school, college, and university:
Scholarship packages (posters and letters) are mailed to Massachusetts and Connecticut schools in the early fall each year.
Please send an email to [email protected] to request that your school be added to or removed from our mailing list.
You will be sent a link to post the recommendation letter if you receive an email from a student. The letter will not be seen by the student. Only the scholarship committee has access to it.
Academic Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
HOW DO I APPLY?
• Look into the Application Portal.
• Complete the online application.
• Submit all required credentials
Alternatively, you can contact us for assistance:
• To apply for a scholarship, send an email to [email protected].
• Call (413) 504-4080