Through a variety of scholarships, The Arkansas Alumni Association grants more than a million dollars in rewards each year.
The majority of scholarships offered at the Association level are merit-based and intended for new freshmen.
Additionally, there are societies and alumni groups. Every alumni scholarship has special requirements depending on the intentions of the donors, such as, but not restricted to, academic success, community service, leadership potential, first-generation college attendance, and certain major and career choices.
Some take into account personal characteristics and financial needs. Every year, we invite all enrolled students and future ones to submit an application.
Students who already have annual alumni scholarships are not needed to reapply, but they may want to fill out the application’s general and college-specific parts.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Because certain email servers will block this sender, add the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and [email protected] to your address book. From one of these email addresses, information regarding your alumni scholarship application will be sent.
• You should also add the Alumni Scholarship Program Office’s email address, [email protected], to your address book.
• Look for emails from mailto:[email protected]%20and/or%[email protected] in your spam/junk folder.
2. There is no longer a need for endorsement letters. In order to strengthen your application, you can ask for a letter of recommendation. However, starting in 2022, applicants for alumni scholarships are not needed to submit letters of recommendation.
In the alumni part of the application, include the email address of your reference to seek a letter of recommendation. He or she will get an email asking for their recommendation of you along with a specific link.
Apply Also >> APA JUDITH MCMANUS PRICE SCHOLARSHIP
3. Create an up-to-date academic resume. Your CV needs to be set up as a.doc,.docx, or.pdf file. The.pdf format is preferred by the Alumni Association. If you decide against using the sample resume, be sure to list extracurricular activities that demonstrate your support for the local communities in your resume. Your GPA is viewed in the context of your academic history on your CV.
4. Write an essay that is no longer than two pages. There is no set fashion standard. Your essay needs to be set up as a.doc,.docx, or.pdf file. .pdf format is preferred by the Alumni Association) on the following subject:
”There are no success secrets”, according to the late Colin Powell. It is the product of planning, putting in a lot of effort, and failing forward.
Please share a time when you saw perseverance pay off or a failure lead to learning.
5. In your brief answer, elaborate on the Colin Powell quotation from the writing prompt by describing how your preparation during the previous year helped you to accomplish a goal. max. 500 words
6. Finish the Conditional Application part for the Arkansas Alumni Association.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A CONTINUOUS ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP?
Both the Alumni Legacy Scholarship as well as the Non-Resident Academic Award have the same qualifications for renewal.
A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) and the appropriate number of successful completion credit hours must be maintained for all other renewable alumni scholarships.
The actual scholarship offer email contains information on the cpga and credit hrs for your particular scholarship.
You must be aware of and adhere to these standards. Each spring semester, following the posting of grades, your GPA and credits are examined.
Additionally, collecting at least 15 Alumni Scholarship Connections Plan (“Connections”) points annually is a requirement for each renewable alumni scholarship.
The Alumni Scholarship Connections Training is held through Blackboard Learn as a noncredit course.
You are in charge of making sure your Connection points are delivered to the alumni scholarship center before each semester’s dead day.
Interested persons can now apply below