The CGA Educational Foundations has declared the launch of the CGAEF Scholarship Endowment to commemorate their 25 years of providing financial help and educational opportunities to the sector. Through an initial commitment of $250,000 from our Pioneers Circle Members, the endowment will provide scholarships to grocery sector employees throughout perpetuity.
The CGA Academic Foundation established the Icons of the Field Scholarship as part of the newly created Academic Endowment in recognition of the CGAEF’s previous and future Hall of Merit Inductees. Beginning in 2018, and continuing in perpetuity, a $10,000 scholarship will be offered to one applicant who is looking for a career in the supermarket-related manufacturing industries.
Candidates should meet the following requirements to be considered for this award:
• As of Apr 1, 2022, be a full-time or part member of a CGA membership company for a period of two years.
• You must be enrolled as a full-time or part student for the academic year 2022/23.
• Have an interest in working in the supermarket or grocery-related manufacturing businesses.
• Respond to two essay questions.
Applicants that meet the criteria can apply for the Icons of the Field scholarship here.
Here is the link to fill out an online application. Enter the program key CGA when requested. https://www.cgaef.org/college-scholarships/scholarship-endowment/
Scholarship Requirements For The CGA Scholarship
Scholarships from the CGA Educational Foundation are available to high school students, and college bachelor’s degree scholars who work for, or are independent sons or daughters of, a CGA member company. Employees must have worked for a CGA member company since April 1, 2021, have a physical work site in California, and be employed by the same employer when the awards are awarded. Apply also for the THE BUILD U. SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Undergraduate student applicants must plan to attend as full-time college student at an authorized university or college in the United States for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters. Part-time students are eligible for some scholarships as well. For more information, go here.
Postgraduate applicants must expect to enroll in a master’s degree at an accredited university or institution in the United States during Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 term.
Academic excellence, evidence of great character, and leadership potential are used to award scholarships. A handful of awards also have special eligibility requirements. Students are assessed for all scholarships for which they are qualified by completing a single application.
All scholarship are one-time rewards that can be used to cover the costs of attending any approved university or college in the U. S. Although awards are not renewable, students may reapply every year as long as it meets the requirements.
Apply now with this link https://www.cgaef.org/college-scholarships/scholarship-endowment/
Most Commonly Asked Questions
- Who is qualified to apply for this position? You must be a senior in high school, a college undergraduate, or a graduate student to be qualified.
- Be a CGA member company representative or a dependant son or daughter of a CGA membership company employee in good standing.
- Have been working for at least a year as of the Apr 1, 2022 deadline, or to have a parent/guardian who has been working for at least one year.
- Be employed, or have a parent or guardian who is, when the awards are revealed in June.
- Plan on enrolling as a full-time student for the Fall and Spring semesters. Part-time students are eligible for some “Piggyback scholarships”.
- Accept the application’s Publicity Agreement and Release
- When is the submission deadline? Deadline for applications: January 1, 2022
- The deadline for applications is April 1, 2022.
- The results of the selection process will be announced in June 2022.
- Deadline for Acceptance: June 28, 2022
- Funds will be disbursed in mid-July 2022.
- Is this a recurring award? No
Who is in charge of this program?
The program is managed by International Student and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), a self-reliant company specializing in handling sponsored educational assistance programs, to ensure full impartiality in the shortlisting of recipients and to sustain a high standard of professionalism and security.