A non-profit company called The Charles County Scholarship Fund Inc. awards scholarships to high school seniors in Charles County.
The Scholarship Fund Board always includes representatives from the following county organizations: the Charles County Commissioners, the College of Southern Maryland, the Charles County Business association, and the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS). Society at large is used to choose the Board’s remaining members.
Our yearly Arts Scholarship Program is supported by the CCAA Scholarship Fund.
Each year, we give a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior from each Charles County high school who is exceptionally gifted and deserving of furthering his or her studies at a four-year university or college in order to pursue professions in the performing, visual, or literary arts.
At the award ceremonies held at each school, a representative of the CCAA Board members publicly presents these arts scholarships, which are also announced in the neighborhood media.
Apply also >> THE CHARLIE WELLS MEMORIAL AVIATION SCHOLARSHIP
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot save application progress. When applying, please be prepared to upload the necessary papers.
- Academic Letter of Recommendation: This letter must be written by a teacher, a school counselor, or another member of the administration.
- Personal Letter of Reference – Must be written by a person who is well-versed in you. (Not a parent or another relative)
- Essay for Personal Statement: In your essay, you should describe your academic and professional ambitions, goals, and aspirations. The Scholarship Committee mainly relies on your student statement, which is highly significant. Include the following, please:
- What are your aims for your education and career?
- Why did you decide on these objectives?
- After you finish your schooling, how do you see yourself contributing to your community?
RESUME: The following must be on the resume:
1. Work Experience
2. High school community service initiatives
3. Extracurricular activities
4. Positions of authority and
5. Honors and accolades from the school and community.
Interested candidates can now apply Here